Chicago Windy City Black Pride Launches…
A city-wide campaign to promote empowerment and self-care within the LGBTQ community and its allies, with emphasis on young people 13-29 years old.—young people between 13-29 years old account for 39% of all new HIV infections in 2009, and HIV is the ninth leading cause of death for all Blacks and third leading cause of death for Black men and women aged 35-44. Chicago Windy City Black Pride’s iLive campaign will work within the community to mobilize resources to help young people to choose life.
Resources and activities will include:
- Mental Health –Increasing access to counseling and supportive services
- Fitness — Promoting opportunities for fitness and nutrition
- Financial — Providing education and support regarding financial literacy
- Health – Increasing access to primary care and dental
- Culture and Spirituality — Promoting inclusion of differences in self-identity, culture and spirituality